Lying on the beach, listening to the sea waves and one thing is missing. Cocktails of course. With cocktail shakers we are in the half way from paradise.
Hello and welcome to our website. Here you will find suppliers of all design and styles of cocktail shakers.
For those who do not know: a cocktail shaker is a device usually made of metal, which we use for mix beverages (cocktails) by shaking. We can mix alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. Cocktail shakers has also long history, which extends to 7000 BC in South America.Using two containers and shaking with different ingredients into it has been around for thousands of years.
Early in 3500 BCE were Egyptians adding condiments in their beverages before serving. This way they improve their tastes. Until the late 19th century the cocktail shaker as we now today was frequently used. Invention is coming from an innkeeper who wanted to do a show in front of guests and then he realized that the two containers he uses are not the same. One container’s mouth was smaller than the other’s. Then he brought container’s together and began to shake. It was a very big step forward because the guest is got a drink and the show. Cocktail shaker were manufactured in many designs and shapes, maximum was during prohibition era in the United States in 1920s. Skills of cocktail shakers and drink rituals was as important as knowing the latest dance step.After prohibition, cocktail shakers reached their “Top Of” of popularity. They appeared in films, and were associated with the glamorous lives of movie stars. Cocktail shakers became symbols of sophistication and symbols of the good life. Until today basic forms of cocktail shakers were relatively unaffected.
Prepare the perfect cocktail party with the best cocktail shakers in your home!
There are three different types of cocktail shaker: the Boston shaker, the cobbler shaker and French shaker also known as Parisiasan shaker.
The Boston shaker is very simple to use. Boston shaker includes thick glass and a large metal tumbler.
How do we use Boston shaker?
At first we put ingredients in to the mixing glass.Than we add ice and at the end we put a metal tumbler on top of the thick glass.
It is recommended to use hawthorn strainer for keeping ice out of the drink when pouring.
The cooling of the ice makes vacuum seal which keeps glasses together. When we finish shaking, we separate the two parts by hitting in the edge of the metal tumbler where it comes in contact with the mixing glass.
Most people start shaking by using cobbler shaker because it is very easy to fit the parts together and use, you simply adds ingredients, covers, shakes and pours. You can sees in many homes and bars. This type of shaker is not often used in crowded bars, because of the small built-in strainer.
is made by 2 pieces with only one opening, very similar to cobbler shaker but without built-in strainer. With french shaker we can easy make drinks, that contains ice-cream…
Quick preparation with Boston shaker:
- First – cool a serving glass with ice water or ice cubes. When the serving glass is cooled, discard the ice cubes or water.
- Fill the glass 2/3 to 3/4 of ice and put spices into it. Then pour all this with selected blend.
- When mixture is ready – turn the tumbler and put it on the top of the mixing glass. Pay attention to push strong to close a mixing glass with the tumbler! The mixing glass and the ice will create a vacuum. This will help to stick the seal between the containers.
- Now shake cocktail shaker with both hands over your shoulder.
- After shaking, hold a mixing glass with your left hand if you are right-handed. So if you are left-handed it will probably be easier for you to hold it with your right hand. Continuing with instructions for right-handed – remove the mixing tumbler with your right hand. Sometimes you will have to gently push the outer edge of the tumbler with your hand to break the seal.
- After doing all that, the only thing you need to do is to place a strainer over the top of the mixing glass and pour the shaken cocktail into our chilled glass.